Tuesday 12 April 2011

Questionnaire competition (part 2)

At the start of the academic year students of Hampton Academy were offered the opportunity to create a questionnaire for a sporting star.

Many students entered some great questionnaires with questions that were interesting and insightful. The best were chosen and put to our selection of sports stars...

Congratulations to Victor Villegas who's questions were selected for England rugby player, 
Claire Allan.

1)      How did you become a rugby player?
When I was 13, a school friend of mine asked me to come down to a local club rugby training session. I loved it from the minute I started, and have been playing ever since.

2)      How many tournaments have you been in?
Quite a few. Six Nations, Sevens World Cup 2009, Europeans, Nations Cup (Canada), various Sevens tournaments across Europe and USA.

3)      What cups or medals have you won?
I have been part of the Six Nations winning squad on 4 occasions. We have won the Europeans (both Sevens and 15’s). Won the Nations Cup. We have also won the San Diego, Dubai and Amsterdam Sevens

4)      Where’s the best place you’ve played?

Dubai was the most memorable place I’ve played rugby. We had a fantastic squad and the location was beautiful. The ‘Sevens’ stadium is in the middle of the desert.

Twickenham Stadium was also a very special place to play. We beat New Zealand there last year, which is one of my best sporting memories.

5)      Is there any one in your family as sporty as you?
My sister is really sporty. She currently plays football in America, and is on a scholarship out there. She is off to Brazil soon to play for one of their club sides. And is also training for the marathon!

6)      If you could play any other sport what would it be?
Before I started playing rugby seriously, I loved Athletics.  I’d probably go for the 100-200m sprint. I also enjoy surfing when I get the chance, and that would be a fantastic lifestyle.  So think I’d like to be a surfer!

7)      What are your plans for the future?

My long term goal is to play in the Olympics in Rio 2016. (Rugby Sevens has recently been accepted into the Olympics).
Earning an Olympic Gold medal would have to be the highest sporting achievement.

I am currently a Police Officer in the MET. Once I retire from rugby I would like to join the firearms unit.

Congratulations once again to Victor for comming up with such great questions and a massive thank you to Claire Allan for taking the time to answer them!!

No comments:

Post a Comment